I’m Patrick Yeagle. I’m a reporter for Illinois Times, the alternative newsweekly in Springfield, Illinois. I take photos, write music and pursue a few other creative outlets. If I’m not creating something, I wither.
I’ve been a reporter since 2008, and in that time, I’ve covered the police and fire beat, state government, energy, health, the environment, child welfare, poverty, immigration, guns, homelessness, history, wrongful convictions, a school shooting and numerous other topics. I’ve met famous people, inventors, murderers, drug addicts, fraudsters, activists, authors and a plethora of other interesting characters. I love my job because it affords me the chance every day to learn something new.
For potential stories, contact me at email@example.com.
To hire me for photos, music or video, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parkland College – Champaign, Illinois
- Northern Illinois University – DeKalb, Illinois – BA in Political Science, minor in journalism
- University of Illinois Springfield – Springfield, Illinois – MA in Public Affairs Reporting
- investigative reporting – databases, FOIA, surveillance, tracking
- photography – macro, portrait, sports, events, flash, wildlife, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom
- music – drums, bass, guitar, synthesizer, some keys
- video – shooting, editing, sound, Adobe Premiere
- handyman – auto repair, home improvement, technology